Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Well, as you may or may not know today I am 26. Things have been a little crazy for me of late but I'm not going to get into that here. It's my birthday, I want to enjoy myself, and that is exactly what I will do. What better way to do that than with some cool TV and movie news? Okay, well that's what makes ME happy. And it's my birthday. First off, both Dark Horizons and Reel Fanatic have given the heads up on this incredibly awesome news. This from Reel Fanatic (and no, this is not like my Michael Bay's "Lawrence" April Fools Joke...it's the real deal):

"Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg, the comedy masterminds behind "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz," will join forces again for a third film, to be titled "The World's End." Though I don't know anything about the plot beyond the title, judging from their first two very funny films I'd have to guess this one will be a spoof on/valentine to sci-fi flicks."

SWEEEEEEET!!! Also, in cool TV news, "Friday Night Lights" will return for a third season and NBC has confirmed that "Chuck" will be back for a second one. As for "Scrubs," it seems that ABC is picking it up next year even though this was supposed to be the final season. I'm confused. Hopefully we'll get some more definitive answers soon.

And now, since today is my birthday I thought I would post some videos that make me happy. Hopefully they'll make you happy too. Have a good one...me. I'll be seeing "Leatherheads" with the fam later today so I'm quite sure I will.

Coming to DVD for the first time this July 1, the funniest cartoon series I've ever known, "Freakazoid." It captured the loonyness of "Loony Toons" even more than the wonderful "Tiny Toon Adventures" and "Animaniacs" did, and that's saying something.



My all-time favorite comedy sketch, which is of course from Monty Python.



And finally, it's silly, it's self-explanatory. It's Peter O'Toole "delivering lines that are clearly beneath him." This kills me.

3 Comments:

At Fri Apr 04, 03:10:00 PM PDT, Blogger Linda said...

Happy Birthday!! These clips are hilarious, especially O'Toole. Have a great day!

 
At Sun Apr 06, 12:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger Mike the Marine said...

The Python clip is - naturally - brilliant, but the O'Toole thing was pure genius. Even HE couldn't do that with a straight face!

 
At Mon Apr 07, 06:57:00 AM PDT, Blogger jeremy said...

Happy Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home