Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Michael Cera and Edgar Wright!

The funniest young actor working today plus the best comedy director of this decade equals a movie I'm already chomping at the bit to see. It's only in the development stage right now and it may not happen at all, but gosh darnit, it's too exciting to ignore.
Wright, the man who brought us "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz," is set to direct "Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life," which is based on a series of graphic novels. Like every other graphic novel, I have not read "Scott Pilgrim." It's nothing against graphic novels mind you, it's just that I've never actually read one. Maybe someday I will. In any case, word on the street is that George Michael Bluth himself, Michael Cera, will be playing the lead role when cameras start rolling. Thanks to Reel Fanatic for bringing my attention to this. Here's a bit of what he had to say about the film's story:

"Here, as best as I can tell, is what the story is about: 23-year-old Canadian Scott Pilgrim (Cera) is a wannabe-rockstar living in Toronto and playing bass in the band Sex Bob-Omb. He falls in love with American delivery girl Ramona V. Flowers, but must defeat her seven "evil exes" in order to date her."

It sounds perfect for Cera and Wright. I really hope this happens. Now if Johnny Depp would just make time for Bruce Robinson so "The Rum Diary" could finally materialize I'll be set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home