Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Opening Day!

Baseball season begins again! Alright, technically it began in Japan last Tuesday. Not sleeping well I turned on my TV at 6 in the morning to find the Red Sox and A's heading into extra innings. And the Braves and Nationals are playing right this moment. But for everyone else tomorrow is the first day of baseball season. As many of you know I'm a long-time Baltimore Orioles fan. So naturally they're expected by many to be in fact the worst team in baseball this season. I'm also a Mariners fan for obvious reasons. Among other teams I like, there are the Cubs ('cause hey, you've gotta love the Cubs), the Padres because of my dad being from San Diego, and the Dodgers 'cause I've just always kind of liked the Dodgers. Of these five teams, two (Mariners and Padres) have never won a World Series. The Orioles haven't won it since I was a year old in 1983, the Dodgers last won it in '88 ("Eckersley's gonna make a mistake"), and this season the Cubs mark the 100th anniversary of their last World Championship. Yes, I'm a pessimistic baseball fan. But hey, I still love it and every spring I eagerly await that first pitch. To get you ready here are clips from the two best baseball movies ever made.



1 Comments:

At Thu Apr 03, 09:33:00 AM PDT, Blogger Mike the Marine said...

"I held it like an egg."

"Yeah and he scrambled the sunofabitch too. Look, he hit the friggin' bull! Guy gets a free steak..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home