Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I've been watching many of my favorite Christmas movies and specials of late. "Lethal Weapon," "Die Hard," "It's a Wonderful Life," "Love Actually," "The Grinch" (the animated one with Boris Karloff- ya know, the good one), "Charlie Brown," and the final episode of "The Office" (UK). Tonight I finished up with "Joyeux Noel," which tells the story of the World War I truce of Christmas Eve 1914. One of my favorite films of the past few years, it actually often comes across as not being believable. But with "Joyeux Noel" this is a selling point. On that Christmas Eve, truth was stranger than fiction.
The story of these men laying down their arms and singing "Silent Night" is a true reminder of what Christmas is about. The birth of Christ brought enemies together. It reminded them of what was good in the face of death. So on the 93rd anniversary of one of the most remarkable events in human history, I post this video not only in tribute to those who fought in the Great War, but to those serving overseas right now, and really anyone anywhere who's away from home this Christmas. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and that you're reading this at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home