Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Friday, November 09, 2007

89 Years Ago.

This Sunday marks the 89th anniversary of the end of World War I. Now we call it Veterans Day. But on November 11, 1918 they called it Armistice Day. It brought an end to four years of bloodshed the likes of which the world had never seen. However it would only be 21 years until the wound opened up again.
The Great War remains a landmark period in human history. It also remains one of the most tragic.
As you all know, I love film. I love it for its ability to transport us, entertain us, take us into the realms of imagination. But I also love it because it preserves the past. It is so important that we have this documentation of what men struggled and died for ninety years ago. They must not be forgotten.



Here is a very interesting page to look at as well. It is
  • the diary of a British soldier
  • who served in the Great War.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home