Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hi everybody!

Hey, I haven't been on since Saturday because some jerk faces spywared up my computer. We're still in the process of getting rid of all of it (thanks to Justin who's been going head to head with it like a pro), so I'm at the li-bary. Went to three movies this weekend. Sunday was "Ghostbusters" in 70mm at the Cinerama followed a few hours later by "Blade Runner: The Final Cut" also at the Cinerama. "Ghostbusters" has been one of my favorites since I was about five years old so finally getting to see it on the big screen was absolutely fantastic. The childlike smile on my face never vanished.

"Blade Runner" was a spectacular experience as well. Then Monday night Justin, Craig, and I caught a preview screening of "Southland Tales" at the Varsity. Nonsensical pretentious garbage, it is. Richard Kelly's first film since "Donnie Darko" is a step down to put it mildly. I'll do a full review when I don't have a clock on the screen telling me how much time I have left.

Other than that I've just been reading, writing, working, hanging out with Justin. Ya know, the oosual. Hopefully the spyware and adware will be a thing of the past this time tomorrow. I certainly hope so. Then I won't have to put on my coat just to go onto this series of tubes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home