Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

I REALLY Miss Lou.

Yes this is a baseball blog post. My O's are 31-30. Not bad but nowhere near contending. Last Saturday I went to the first Mariners game I'd been to since I saw them beat the Montreal Expos in 2004. That's right the last game I went to included a team that no longer exists. But last Saturday somehow the Mariners magically won 5-0 over the Detroit Tigers. In that game Detroit manager Jim Leyland was ejected for arguing (correctly I might add) a call at first base. I've always liked Leyland but the man didn't do anything exciting. He didn't pick up first base and throw it. He didn't even kick any dirt. Come on, Leyland!
The Mariners at 22-40 now have officially the worst record in Major League Baseball. But it's made all the worse when the manager meltdown is as pathetic as this. Behold the fury of John McLaren. I REALLY miss Lou.



Now to wash that out of your mouth here is a meltdown from the man himself, Mr. Lou Piniella. I can't believe I couldn't find one where he actually throws a base but this is pretty awesome. By the way the Cubs currently have the best record in all of baseball.



And finally to honor my O's, quite possibly the greatest meltdown of all-time. Keep in mind that when Earl Weaver lost his mind in this 1981 game it was after only five pitches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home