Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Indiana Jones and Bob's Childhood.

"Raiders of the Lost Ark" came out the year before I was born. I was two when "Temple of Doom" was released. But in the summer of 1989 when "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" hit theaters I was seven years old and thus the perfect age for a big screen adventure with Indy. I remember seeing it twice in the theater and I couldn't have loved it more. It's one of those experiences I'll never forget and even though "Raiders" is the best of the series, "Last Crusade" is the film I get really nostalgic about. I found these videos taken from "The Today Show" in 1989 the week before "Last Crusade's" release. Pretty cool stuff. It's really interesting to hear how much Ford and Spielberg say this is it. This is the last one. I'm really glad they changed their minds.
Bryant Gumbel is such a doofus.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home