Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

As If I Didn't Hate Bono Enough Already

Just when I thought Bono had nauseated me far beyond any one celebrity's capacity to do so I came across this on IMDB:

U2 frontman Bono has compared environmental campaigner Al Gore to an Irish priest to whom he can confess his ecological sins. The hitmaker shared the stage with the former U.S. vice president at a conference in Davos, Switzerland on Thursday - Bono was there to promote his campaign to alleviate world poverty, while Gore was continuing his plea for the reduction of global carbon emissions. And the singer insists he can't help feeling guilty about his lavish lifestyle when around Gore. He says, "It's like being with an Irish priest. You start to confess your sins. Father Al, I am not just a noise polluter, I am a noise-polluting, diesel-soaking, gulfstream-flying rock star. I'm going to kick the habit. I'm trying father Al, but oil has been very good for me - those convoys of articulated lorries, petrochemical products, hair gel." Gore was one of the key figures behind 2007's Live Earth concerts to raise awareness about climate change. He was the subject of the Oscar-winning environment-focused documentary An Inconvenient Truth and he was also awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his dedication to green issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home