Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Drive

So I watched the first three episodes (all of which I think are available on myspace), and it's actually pretty cool. When I first saw commercials for it I didn't expect much from it but then I saw that Nathan Fillion was on it (Mal from "Firefly") and in the words of Pootie Tang, "I can't say danayno."
The premise of "Drive" (co-created by former "Firefly" writer Tim Minear and Ben Queen) centers on an illegal cross country road race set up by an unknown group of people (the blue hands? :)) who entice some with the promise of $32 million and coerce others into it by kidnapping someone close to them. It's pretty interesting to watch it unfold. Charles Martin Smith (Terry the Toad in "American Graffitti") plays the man who communicates to the contestants for the powers that be. The car scenes vary. Some are cool, others are obviously (and painfully) CGI. What makes this show work though is the mystery and the characters, something you wouldn't expect from a show centered around fast cars. Fillion especially is outstanding.
Be warned however. "Drive" is good and it's on Fox. It's not going to last long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home