Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Yes, I'm still here.

You haven't heard much from me lately. Of course since there are only like three people who actually read this thing anyway it's not like anyone's noticed. Anyway, I haven't been to that many movies lately. Just "The Good Shepherd" and "The Nativity Story." Both are good. A lot of people have said that "The Good Shepherd" moves too slow. Not me though. I thoroughly enjoyed it, because man, it has great, great dialogue. Dialogue is my biggest thing, I think. If that isn't good that really sinks a movie for me. Eric Roth ("Munich") wrote a great script though, and Robert De Niro's a pretty dang good director. MATT DAMON! is really great too.
I got some cool Christmas DVDs. The Bond boxed set with "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" was a highlight, as was "OSS 117," the funniest movie of the year, which coincidentally is probably never going to be released in the US officially. A few screenings at SIFF were all it got. Still, you can get the region 1 DVD from...Quebec. Yes, it's got English subtitles. Hilarious movie. Also, I got the 3-Disc region 2 "Withnail and I" that I was plugging back in October. Sweet!
So far as upcoming releases go, where's "Snow Cake"? I'm looking high and low for this thing and it's not playing in the United States yet. Canada's got it. Pretty much everyone else has either had it or has it right now. And we have to wait. I'll keep looking though because it's one you don't want to miss. One of the best movies of 2006. Also, if you're looking for a year end best of list, it's way too early for that. Because as we all know, many of the year's best movies don't actually come out in most of our cities until the year is over. At least I'm near Seattle. We don't get everything right away, but we're usually not too far down the list. If I lived in South Dakota, well I'd be waiting for a lot of DVDs probably.
I will keep you informed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home