Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

R.I.P. Khan and Number 6

Yesterday the world lost two icons of science fiction. Ricardo Montalban (KHHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!) and Patrick McGoohan.
Montalban of course is best known as KHHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNNN!!! from "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan," and McGoohan was the creator and star of one of television's greatest series, "The Prisoner." In the U.S. he is best known for his performance as Longshanks in "Braveheart."

One last time...KHHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!



For those of you who have never seen "The Prisoner," you are in for 17 of the best episodes of television ever conceived. The British series from 1967 remains ahead of its time.



In other news I have seen a few movies lately but I haven't written any reviews. So for now I give you the short, short versions.

The Reader - 8/10
Frost/Nixon - 7.5/10
In Bruges - 10/10 (on DVD)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home