Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Lily Tomlin-David O. Russell Blow Up

It's the talk of the town but if you haven't seen this already here is the infamous footage of the on-set meltdown between Lily Tomlin and director David O. Russell during the making of "I Heart Huckabees." This movie came out two and a half years ago so why this is only surfacing now I really don't know. I'm puzzled that most people who watch this seem to place all of the blame squarely on Russell. To me neither of them come off well at all. Yes he overreacted to the EXTREME, but at the same time if you try to push around a director on his set, he has every right, and in fact ought to, push back. I just feel bad for the crew and actors Dustin Hoffman and Jason Schwartzman who had to sit quietly and wait for this display to come to an end. Hopefully this will spark some interest for those who missed the movie itself which is very underrated. Warning, lots of profanity ahead:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home