Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Greg Boardman is my new favorite person.

There is a lot of dreck out there. The fact that the top three spots at the box-office this weekend were occupied by Ashton Kutcher (1 AND 2) and some other jackasses proves that more than any rant of mine ever could (though I've got PLENTY of them). Here's one theater exhibitor who wasn't going to take it. This from Imdb:

The two-screen Lorraine Theater in Hoopeston, IL, reopened for business Friday following a two-week protest shutdown by owner Greg Boardman. Boardman said that he closed down the theater rather than run such studio offerings as Jackass Number Two and The Covenant. "There's just so much lousy material out there -- people vomiting on the screen, " Boardman told the Chicago Tribune. "I have one of the finest sound systems in the world, and I don't want to waste it on such drivel." Noting that Boardman now operates the theater from his home in California, Carol Hicks, managing editor of the Hoopeston Chronicle remarked, "He's got away from Hoopeston and changed. ... He doesn't know what people like here." Boardman, who lives in the foothills of the Sierra near Yosemite, told the Trib: "I can fly back there anytime I want and show any movie I want. ... How man people can say they have their own movie theater and can do that?"

1 Comments:

At Mon Oct 02, 11:49:00 PM PDT, Blogger Mike the Marine said...

Oh that f'n rocks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home