Bob and Justin's Mad Movie Blog

My name is Bob. My friend Justin and I are aspiring filmmakers and we have pretty similar tastes in movies. This will include our take on what's going on in film and television today as well as updating you on the status of our own work.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

The movie that I'm not going to let you forget about.

A couple of months ago Justin, Craig (a friend of ours who you'll be hearing a lot about on here), and I attended the Seattle International Film Festival screening of the film "Snow Cake," starring Alan Rickman and Sigourney Weaver. I went in knowing nothing more than that and I was absolutely floored. It's an incredible film. Justin and Craig loved it too, but of the three of us I was the only one who actually believed that it would get U.S. distribution. Thankfully I was right, and believe me they're both happy to have been wrong. Recently it played at the Edinburgh Film Festival. This from Film Four:
The evening saw Snow Cake get its UK premiere. A powerful and moving film, it features Alan Rickman as a dour, taciturn Brit who ends up living with an autistic woman, brilliantly played by Sigourney Weaver. Both stars attended the screening, together with Welsh director Marc Evans and one of the film's producers, actor and comic Steve Coogan. Earlier that day, Weaver had been interviewed on stage by Shane Danielson, giving a remarkable insight into how she prepared to depict autism. The party afterwards was a subdued affair, although things apparently hotted up when the talent were whisked away to a another bar where they drank copiously until 5am.

It's set for release in New York and L.A. on December 1 and the rest of the country on Christmas Day. Remember this one. And if you haven't gotten to "Little Miss Sunshine" yet be sure that you do. I just saw it again last night and took my parents along. They loved it. I plan to get to "Idlewild," "The Illusionist," and "Beerfest" very soon. And if all goes according to plan (finally) I may just have some news to report on the filmmaking front as well very very soon.

End transmission.

1 Comments:

At Sat Aug 26, 06:56:00 PM PDT, Blogger yasser said...

i also heard good things about The Illusionist; will watch out for the one you reccomended....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home